Monday, July 14, 2008

July 14, 2008

God's up to something. Have you ever felt it within your whole being that He's working on something in your life?

I currently have the same feeling that I had before going to St. Petersburg, Russia, in 1999-2000. A feeling of becoming complacent. A feeling that life is just too comfortable. A feeling that I need to get out of here! But now it's much more difficult since I have two others to think about. I'm no longer the "head of the household." So I wait. And I pray that God works in Chad's heart to have the same convictions that I'm having.

I know He's up to something when thoughts of long ago and promises made come back. I remember when I was in Mr. Wunderlin's class (7th or 8th grade Social Studies), we were talking about the AIDS epidemic. Should we be afraid of people with AIDS? Could we contract it by just being around them? We were dispelling all of the myths of the disease. I distinctly remember sitting there, telling myself that I am going to somehow be involved in helping those afflicted.

Now some 20 years later, I recall that long-forgotten memory. And some 20 years later, I am seeing that my church is actively involved in a baby center in Kenya...that takes care of orphans affected by the AIDS virus. Coincidence? I think not.

God, help me to be patient in you. Help me to really be able to sift through my feelings and wishes and be absolutely sure that they align with yours. And help me to convey my thoughts to Chad in a way that he understands.

For now, I guess we wait upon the Lord. After all, he renews our strength when we do that, right? :)

No comments: