Happy Birthday (yesterday), Chad! Can't believe you're 36. Last Wednesday, in the middle of church, you leaned over and asked me what the average life span is for a male living in the US. I didn't know but guessed around 70 (It's closer to 75 now). I didn't know what you were getting at, but then saw that you realized that quite possibly, your first half of your life has passed. How quickly it does go...
I don't have much to write today other than God is gracious enough to make me remember that all things are possible through Him. I've been reading a Francine Rivers book, and though it is historical fiction, it reinforces the fact that God's mercy does abound. School has still been heavy upon my heart--I don't know what is in store, but in the most subtlest of ways, God reminded me today that He can carry me through. The number of students itself is a little daunting (last I heard it was at 31). I came across a 3-ringed binder downstairs today that had some old papers of a class I took. Inside, I found a postcard that read, "I want to make sure I reach every student. It's so hard when the number of kids I have is 31!" WHAT? I had 31 students before?!
God, thank you that in the littlest (and biggest) of ways, you give me peace. Thank you that I can rest in you. Thank you for the little chat with Vicki the other day...She said that you give us kids--whether our own flesh and blood or our schoolkids--to make us realize what we do to you. Help them (and me) to be obedient...and let the boundaries I set for them be clear. Let the boundaries you set for me be clear in my head, too, by reading your word and meditating on it day and night. Wisdom and courage...wisdom and courage...I need both, Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment