Sunday, March 1, 2009

March 1, 2009

I just realized that I forgot to do something. How forgetful is this pregnancy brain going to be??? Yikes.

I need to pray for my church as next week draws near...it is our annual "Fanning the Flame" time where we focus in on personal revival. God, do we ever need it, especially during this crucial time in our nation's history.

Jesus, tonight I do want to pray for revival to come upon this land, and a realization that we are human beings who desperately need you. God, I am deathly afraid of what kind of world my children are going to live in if we don't turn our faces back to you and humbly fall at your feet. I pray that you would bring revival--first of all in me, in individuals around me, in families, in our church, in this area, nation, and world. Time and time again people have tried to do things without putting you in the equation, and time and time again we have failed. Help me to not be so self-sufficient but find my place back in your arms--in faith.

God, I do pray for the body of Christ at NMC and ask that you would work miracles in the next week. Bring people to you who might not know you. Build your body up so that we can serve you more effectively and that we can love you more and focus on your will in our lives. I pray that you would speak ever so clearly to us. Help your servants who are coming to seek you and not human gain...I pray for the speakers, the worship leaders, the people who are behind the scenes, and everyone else who may be involved to serve you wholeheartedly. Thank you for my church. THank you for what it means to me. Thank you that your faithfulness is evident, even in the midst of the uncharted territory.

I pray for the little kids as they hear the message that Blue and Magenta bring. Thank you that we won't have to wait that much longer for them to be at church (it's an everyday conversation in our house, Lord...you know that). Thank you that there is excitement about learning about Jesus and that you have given us leaders who are creative and effective in sharing your Gospel. I pray that you would work in mighty ways in the children. Help them--from infants all the way to the youth to be impacted in a way that will change their lives. I pray specifically for my daughter that you would continue to grow her and shape her spiritual life--may she seek you with all of her heart and develop a passion for you that will last a lifetime.

Thank you once again for your goodness and love...and for the grace that you give each day. Bless Fanning the Flame this year...I pray in Jesus name, amen.

No comments: