Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August 25, 2009

It has been a long time since I've visited. Too long.

The main reason why I'm posting now is to get my prayer down so I can actually see it. I guess I've been in a season where I feel like my prayers fall off of my lips and don't reach heaven. I know that's a lie and that God listens and hears my prayers...Maybe because I feel like I've been neglecting my prayer life...my quiet times...my God in general.

But it's because of the baby...It's because I'm busy serving the church...It's because I'm helping a friend out...It's because...It's because...

...doesn't matter. What matters the most is my relationship with my One True, Living, God. The One who rescued me from the pit of hell. The One who lives in me and helps me through each day. The One that I can (and should) put my full confidence in.

So God...I do pray for certain people and certain things. My heart and attitude is what is first. Help me to go back to my first Love. I remember that I couldn't get enough of your Word when I first began my quiet times. How come now I think that I can do it all on my own? I tell you the truth, unless if you become like a little child...Help me to remember this truth. May I consider others more important than myself. May I be able to show your love to those around me, that I can impact others based on my actions and not just my words. Help me to be a true child of yours.

Then I think of those hurting. God, I pray that you would just comfort Jim and Dee. Yikes, God, Dee's been through so much. I pray that you would be real to her, especially as she is tired and worn. I pray that you would help her to always seek you out when doubt or dispair comes. Give Jim the strength, and help the cancer to be gone. Help him as he needs to gain some weight...

Maggie...God, help her family as they figure out what to do if she can come home. I pray for Rodney & Rachel and ask that you would fill them and help them in this really difficult time. I pray that you would strengthen them as a family and help their marriage as they are spending a lot of time apart. Help Jared as well to cope with his sister's illness and help him at school.

And I pray for Madison. God, there are so many people there that have a personal relationship with you, and for that, I'm so grateful. For the staff members that don't, I pray that they will be impacted by your children. I pray for the students there, especially the ones who come from broken families and those that may feel that they are worthless. I pray that you would fill them up and they can find peace and shelter in the school. Give Lisa the strength and wisdom to face each day and to lead the school in a way that is upright and pleasing to you. Help Deb and Kelly as they team teach...may there be fluidity in the day and may the kids learn a lot. I know testing is coming up for the kids as well...help them to achieve and do their best. I pray specifically for the two boys on my heart...I ask that you would make any wrongs in their life or family known. Put a hedge of protection around them. May they surrender their lives to you.

Thanks that I can just blab...Lastly, thank you for my family. I thank you for my church family and for friends that help out. Thank you that I have the tools to continue to grow in my walk with you. Not only my church family, but I thank you for my immediate family. I pray that you would help all of us to walk uprightly and give you the praise you deserve. Help my bro-in-laws as they are in ministry/teaching. Help Sam as he's in school right now. I pray for my sisters that they would be wives and women of noble character. You are awesome...I love you!

Amen.

No comments: