Saturday, December 4, 2010

december...

So I'm reading through the Bible...well, I am supposed to. Way back at the beginning of this year, I started a group on fb to help me be accountable. There are about 10 ladies who I think are going to finish. I'm not so sure about me...

I wanted to keep some verses here, though, like a journal, so here goes...

One that comes from December 8
Ephesians 6:16
In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

This struck me because how often do I think that my FAITH (which is so hard to have, keep, and practice) is a shield...or something that could extinguish the ammunition that Satan is throwing at me?

The last 2 words of Ephesians...Undying Love. Thank you, Jesus, for the undying love you have for me. So often I do such a bad job of loving others...

Colossians 1...Redemption. What a sweet word.

Continue in your faith...established and firm. No wavering!

So just as you have received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

The world pushes against us in all of these commands. rooted and built up (continual growth), strengthened in the first love, and overflowing. OVERFLOWING with thankfulness.

Remember my chains.

No comments: