A few months.
When Kaylee was born, I thought to myself that a few months would never come (and, "Will she ever sleep through the night?!"). She's three now, so quite a few "a few months" have gone by like a whirlwind.
Now I'm facing the realization that it's possible that my neighbor won't be my neighbor in a few months. That's what the doctors are telling her, but we are refusing to believe it. She's in for the fight of her life.
Man, I'm struggling with this news. I've been praying for her, and I know without a doubt that God is hearing my prayers as well as the prayers of others being lifted up for her. I know that God is who He says He is and that He could heal her in an instant of the cancer that is killing her. I know that it is in His ultimate plan not to harm us and give us a future.
So I struggle. And I wait.
And I plead with God.
Please, Lord, I can see her family and friends coming around her during this most difficult time in her life. I pray that you will spare her the pain of the cancer, and that you would heal her. I know that healing needs to come in an eternal perspective, too, and you are the ultimate healer of our souls. I pray that she does know you and that she will spend eternity with you. I know that you love her; help her to feel your love like she's never felt it before. I pray that she will not become bitter by the disease but that your love will overflow through her. I pray for her kids and grandkids; help them to not turn away from you but cling on to you. God, give them all a sense of hope. Jesus, do a good work in her. Help her through these next few weeks of radiation. I pray that it would work. Make her a living testament of your goodness. Make miracles happen. God, I ask that you would take all of the discomfort and side effects away. Help the doctors to have wisdom and know what's best for her. Above all, Lord, may you be glorified through this. May your light shine through this terrible and dark time. I pray that your mercy and grace which is new every morning will reside in each one of their hearts.
I pray for her husband. God, help him as he is at the care center. I pray that you would remind him daily and give him glimpses of the past. I pray that you would bring peace into his heart as well. And I pray that he would remember. Help him to find rest and hope in you.
And Jesus, I pray for my own heart. May my eyes be fixed upon you. May my heart sing praises even in the midst of storms. And I pray that you would strengthen my faith in you as well because I know that trials make me grow.
Thank you that I can always turn to you no matter how big or small the concern is. Thank you that you hold the future in your hands. Thank you that you are all-powerful, all-sufficient, and all-knowing. Thank you that you love us the same and you know each of us by name. Thank you that you have the power to heal and forgive sins. How awesome and great you are!
It's in the name of Jesus I pray...Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment