I look at my watch and think...in about a week, my little girlie will be 3.
People are funny. Sometimes we want time to stand still (in those "wow" moments) and then other times we want time to fly because we want out of a bad situation. It just shows that we're never content with where we are.
The question is, in what area of my life am I not content? God doesn't call me to be nagging him about superficial and materialistic things...He doesn't call me to sit on the sidelines, either. The song "People Need the Lord" has been running through my head today for some reason. A glimpse of a memory triggered that this morning when I was thinking about church back in the day my dad was still pastoring. I distinctly remember a Sunday where there was no teacher, so my sister brought us all together and asked all of us to pick out our favorite praise song. At that time, this song was mine. I remember her asking me why this was a favorite. I don't think my response was earth-shattering, but I remember saying, "Well, because it's true! People do need the Lord!"
Back then, I remember feeling God's spirit saying, "Yes, Linna...People do need me. Now what are you going to do about it?" Maybe God allowed this memory to return because other stuff has flooded my life with things that don't really matter. Do people still need Him? Probably more than ever. So what am I going to do about it?
Lord, you have called me to take your light into this world where wrong seems right. Help me to reach them in a way that uses the gifts, talents, and abilities you have placed within me. Protect me from falling into the trap that says I'm the one doing it...it's your power, your strength, and your Holy Spirit. Shine through me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment