Today I didn't see much of Kaylee. Went to school early and she was still sleeping...came home at 8:00 and it was almost time for her to go to bed. From what I heard, she had a great time with harmuhnee and harabuhjee and really took a liking to Pastor Ju's wife (she has called her her second harmuhnee). I can tell that God is using her even at this young age to encourage and bring smiles to others' faces. What a blessing.
I hope it continues throughout her life--especially as she faces difficulties and challenging decisions. Which boy will she date? Michigan or Notre Dame? This friend or that? All of these mold and shape her into who she will become. Just talking to my coworker tonight about her daughter (who is a soph. in high school) makes me realize that we cannot force her to do or not do something. We just have to try to equip her with the tools and wisdom she needs to make those good decisions. Wow, parenting is tricky...and we've only been doing this not even 3 years yet!
I'm so tired so this is all of the "deep" thoughts for tonight. All I know is that I thank you, Jesus, for my daughter who brings your light into the lives of people around her. Thank you for a loving husband who provides for me and keeps me in check. Thank you for parents who are so giving of their time and willing to watch Kaylee. Thank you that you know the future and all I need to do is abide and depend upon you. What reassurance!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment