Tuesday, April 29, 2008

April 29, 2008-Happy Birthday To You...

My baby has turned 3 today.

For the last few months, she has been saying, "Mommy, it's going to be my birthday soon and I'm going to be 3!" Today when multiple people asked her how old she is, she replied, "2." I said, "no, Kaylee..." and then she replied, "2 1/2?" :) She's funny.

Memories...well, one for today was that she was eating lunch with my parents and they sang happy birthday to her. After they were done singing, she replied, "Where's my cake?" :)

This year has been the year where she has become a singer. She loves praise songs and is strangely addicted to hymns. She sings "Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus" whenever she's laying down and I ask her to get up. Amazing Grace/My Chains are Gone has been another favorite since Chris Tomlin has given us that awesome version. Her recent favorite is "Oh how He loves you and me..." (she points her finger to "you" and "me" when she sings it).

Words that are misspoken...
"Kleese!" (please)
"So many tings!" (So many things)
"Mommy, Get You!" (Mommy, get me!)
"Fretzels" (Pretzels)
"Chee" (Cheese)

Chad and I are truly blessed. We have good health, good families, good support system both in church and friends...God, thank you for blessing us beyond our imagination. Help us not to take anything for granted.

No comments: