It's almost midnight.
The last few days were weird. K was with my parents since Wednesday, so the house has been very quiet. We went to get her tonight. How come every time we're away from her for more than a few days she looks different, talks differently, and even acts differently? My mom cut her hair, she seems to be speaking in even more complete sentences (mostly "I WANT THAT!!!!"), and she cried...and cried...when we were leaving to come back home. I know that a lot of times kids "store up" a lot of emotions that all come spilling out when reunited with mom or dad...definitely that seemed to be the case tonight.
It's so windy outside right now. The last week has been very warm, and now a cold front is coming through and they're talking snow again. Thanks, God, for blessing us with this past week to enjoy. I know warm weather is going to come again soon. :) You are so good to me.
I wrapped some gifts for K while dad was on the computer trying to get a hotel room for us next weekend. He's going to run a LONG race. Hopefully we'll be able to get to the finish line to see him finish. Still can't believe my little one is going to be 3 next Tuesday. I pray that what I heard on the radio will not be true of this family. Parents who were interviewed after their children were older were asked if there was anything they regretted looking back on raising their children. Most popular was that they wished there was more time of fun and laughter with their kids...
Help me to bring laughter to this family. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment